Monday 8 February 2016

Pixel Portrait

PNG
GIF
This is my pixel portrait. For this project, we were assigned to take a photo of ourselves and remake it with pixels to make it look realistic to the original photo. Above, there is the PNG version and the GIF version. The PNG is lighter than GIF. The GIF is a little more darker in color. When enlarged, the original photo and the pixel remake because pixelated and you can see the details of the photo. When zoomed out, the pixels aren't as noticeable and everything blends in to make the photo look like one piece. Between both the original photo and the pixelated photo, the original is better in terms of line quality and color blending. In the pixel remake, I took the time to go over each area of the photo in detail but I focused on the mouth-chin area because it had a lot of features that make the photo complete. In the indent on by my smile, I added darker shades of brown to add the shadow effect to it. This was also done to the chin for the shadow effect as well. The shadow effect also is like the border between other facial parts that's why its very important to focus on it and make sure its good enough to show the difference and not make it look like one thing.
During the process of making this, I used different layers for each facial part. I used the sample too to make sure I had the same color as the original photo underneath the layers and pixel by pixel, I managed to get this as my final result. This was done on Photoshop with 100 x 150 white background and 72 pixels per inch. I started with a white background and began the process.

Thanks for reading! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment