Thursday 19 January 2017

Music Video Poster







Culminating Poster and Campaign - Written Reflection

   The following poster is for my music video.  My music video was for the song Royals by Lorde.  My poster is a shot of the model that I used in my video.  It is a photo from one of the shots that was in the video.  I used this image for my poster because the model represents the whole videos purpose.  The video was planned out to start off very plain and boring meaning the model is suppose to show that she is bored.  As the video progresses, it gets more fancier and shots of more rich and royal things are put in.  She gets happier and happier as the fancier things are shown to her.  The model was one of the main focuses of the video which is why she is the face of my poster.  I wanted the poster to have a very simple theme.  I used the simple color scheme of brown, black and white.  For a contrast from the darker tones, I had her wear red lipstick and paint her nails red to avoid losing the life of the poster.   The darker tones were also used to match the slower speed and mood of the video and song.  The elements and principles of design that I used are emphasis, color and balance for the poster and the choices I made for it.  I used a simple font and made it white for the relaxed, slower mood.  Some of the text is on the top left hand side of the poster because I wanted to balance the image.  I highlighted the word “queen”  and made it bigger because being royal and being rich is a very big part of the message in my video.  My secondary forms of campaigning are posting the poster image to instagram and posting up billboards up in popular places such as Yonge-Dundas Square.  I will put the poster on instagram because it is a very popular social media site for both adults and adolescents.  The poster will be up on Yonge-Dundas Square and other popular places because a lot of people will see it when they pass by or attend an event there.

  In my poster, there is no specific symbolism behind it but there is meaning.  The meaning behind it is to represent the main meaning of my video.  The model was used in my poster because she is the main focus of my video.  The model would be considered the main meaning because she shows keeps the video progressing.  I wanted to keep the mood of the poster very calm and relaxed by using calming tones so people can connect and get the idea that is a slower song.

 To make this poster, I took a photo of my model in a more calming, straight face mood.  I took the Adobe photoshop and played around with the brightness, contrast, hue, saturation, curves and cropping of the photo.  I tried a few different combinations until I got my final result.  To get to my final result, I increased the brightness and contrast to brighten the photo a little bit.  Then I lowered the saturation to make it almost as if she is faded, but she still has some color.  I did this to make the photo more relaxed and calm instead of using a brighter option.  The only technical difficulty that was encountered was trying to blur out the text of the instagram poster, but I overcame it by playing around with the features of Adobe photoshop and help from only resources.

 Overall, I am quite satisfied with the final product.  It was definitely not how I planned it at all, but it was completed.  There were many changes conceptually.  I believe that my poster is effective because it gives you the relaxed, calm vibe that it is suppose to send to you.  I think that my campaign can be 
very successful because the poster is exposed to open places where people are sure not to miss it.  In 
the end, both my music video and poster turned out different than how I planned, but I am proud of my final result.


No comments:

Post a Comment