Tuesday 10 May 2016

Kinetic Typography

The kinetic typography video I chose to analyze is called "I will not let an exam result decide my fate" I chose this video because I really enjoyed the message being delivered. It really spoke to me and made me look at situations very differently. The power from the simple typography gives out a very important message.
In every kinetic typography work, there are principles of animation. In this work of kinetic typography, there are many principles of animation, examples being secondary action, timing and exaggeration. At 33 seconds of the video, a secondary action principle is shown as the speech bubble comes and pushes a line of text away. At 17 seconds of the video, the exaggeration principle is shown in the word "heated". Exaggeration in this video is a very big component because the creator wants to emphasise those words as they are very important to the message they are trying to convey. At 25 seconds of the video, Timing is shown because of the word "look". That word is turned into two solid black circles showing the timing principle. Overall, this video is amazing and the typography work was very well done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mtJOu29qbQ

No comments:

Post a Comment