Monday 26 September 2016

3 Best Portrait Photographs

Direct Sunlight
This photo was taken in direct sunlight. It is direct sunlight because it uses natural sunlight to light up the photo. I chose this photo to represent the use of direct sunlight because it is a happy, natural photo of the model. In this photo, her laugh/smile is real and you can easily tell that it isn't fake or planned. It is right in the moment. The flare from the sunlight looks really nice with the background of the photo and it makes her stand out more. You can also tell that it is direct sunlight because of the shine on the right side of her hair. My goal for my photos was to take a nice photo in each lighting situation that has a story or meaning behind and makes you want to know more about the photo. I think I achieved this goal because she has a natural smile and laugh in this photo and it makes you want to think about why she's laughing, therefore, making you want to know the story behind the photo.

Open Shadow
The photo above was taken in Open Shadow. I chose this photo to represent open shadow because I liked the way the model is placed in this photo, her facial expression and the sun flares in the corners. This photo is an open shadow because the photo is dark, but it is natural darkness which is the shade. I liked how the sun flares showed up in the photo because yes the photo is dark, but it adds the colour that photo needs. The model is positioned in a good angle because she is looking away from the camera and because she is looking away from the camera, it makes you want to know what she is looking at or is there something she's looking for. Her facial expression is also very hard to read because you are not sure if she is smiling or not. This is good because the fact that she has unreadable face expression and she is looking away makes you think and want to know whats behind the photo. 

Window Light
This photo was taken in Window Light. It was taken in window light because the light from the window lights up the photo. You can see the window reflection on the models face and you can tell that the photo uses light from the window. I chose this photo to represent window light because I liked the reflection on the models face. I liked how serious it looked and how that facial expression matches with the mood of the photo. The facial expression she makes along with window light adds once again that mysterious effect that makes you think there is a story behind the photo. I also think in terms of placement, she is placed in a very nice angle so that the light on the window gives her face some light but not too much.

Overall, I am very proud of the photos I took because they all achieved the goal I had in the beginning, which was to have a story or meaning behind each of my photos and to make someone want to know what the subject in the photo is thinking or feeling as well as also capturing a good photo of them. 

Thanks for reading :)


No comments:

Post a Comment