Wednesday 1 October 2014

Duck Outline Project

This is the original copy of my Duck Outline project. The purpose of this project was to take a picture of something that has a special meaning to you or just something you think is interesting to you, and outline it. I chose the duck because it has special connection to my life. When I was younger, around 2 or 3 years old I used to walk like a duck. Since I speak Arabic and my parents do as well, they called me "Duck" in Arabic which would be Bata. Also, I chose a baby duck because obviously when I got my nickname, I was a baby. The elements and principles included in my outline are colour, emphasis, and line. Line is there because the lines I created with this outline are curved, straight, and zig zag. So it has a variety of different lines. Emphasis is shown in my black and white version of this drawing, the black stands out on the white background because its darker. Color is shown on the 8 colourful ducks, because there are so many different colours in that specific outline page. To get technical, I used the pen tool in Adobe Illustrator. The pen tool is the main resource in Adobe Illustrator during this project we were assigned. It outlined my duck and made that shape more realistic. Personally, I had a lot of struggles and problems with this assignment. I had trouble adjust the lines and there textures. Also, I used about 8 layers for my Duck Outline. Layers are the different sections of the outline that are drawn with different layers. An example would be a heart. You would need one layer to draw the actually outline, and one more to fill in the heart with the color of your choice. This process was used for my duck and the details of it. At the end of the day, I am very proud of my Duck Outline, although I struggled a bit at first, I managed to work along and fix my mistakes, to create a wonderful final piece. This is my Duck Outline, I hope you enjoyed looking at and reading my story on how it was made.




~Miss Awesome <3

No comments:

Post a Comment